Are you prepared for survival in any natural disaster? Having the right prepper survival items on hand is essential to ensure your safety and security. Whether you're an experienced prepper or just starting out, this article will help you find the essential prepper survival items you need to stay safe. You won't want to miss this!
For survival readiness, you must have access to clean water. The water section looks at ways to get it. These are:
- Purification tablets
Image credits: emergencypreparedness.page by David Arnold
Storing water is an essential survival item for preppers. In a crisis situation, the availability of clean drinking water can mean the difference between life and death.
|Water jugs||5-7 gallons||Plastic||Moderate|
|Water barrels/drums||55 gallons||Plastic or metal||High|
|Rain barrels/catchment systems||Varies based on size of system installed||Varies based on material used for catchment and storage tanks such as plastic, metal or concrete||High if the tank is well maintained|
Apart from these common types of water storage containers, there are also military-grade collapsible tanks available in the market which can hold up to several hundred gallons of water. These tanks are made out of high-grade reinforced materials that ensure durability and long-lasting use.
One important thing to keep in mind is that even though stored water remains safe for months, it's best to rotate your supply every six months. This helps maintain freshness and ensures your stored water can be consumed without any issues.
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), “Water losses through leaks can add up to significant amounts over time, especially if not identified and repaired quickly.” Therefore it is important to check your storage containers regularly for leaks, cracks and wear and tear.
A true fact: In a report by FEMA regarding household preparedness ‘2019 National Household Survey – Individual Preparedness in America', it was found that only 39% of respondents have an emergency kit with supplies such as food, water, first aid kit etc.
Filtering water is like Tinder for survival, you gotta swipe left on the gross stuff and hope for a match with the clean stuff.
Clean drinking water is essential for survival during an emergency or disaster situation, making water filtration a critical prepper supplies task. Here are some ways to ensure you have access to potable water:
- Invest in a good quality water filter that can purify harmful microorganisms, metals, chemicals, and sediment present in contaminated water.
- Keep a supply of water purification tabs which can eliminate impurities and can be used on the go.
- Store bleach or other similar liquid disinfectants that can effectively kill germs and bacteria found in unsafe water sources.
- Familiarize yourself with how to locate and sanitize natural bodies of water like streams and rivers.
Accessing safe drinking water is crucial during any disaster scenario. Although obtaining non-contaminated sources may seem easy if you've had regular access to clean water before the event, accessing it after such an event could prove problematic.
Astronauts aboard the International Space Station use advanced filtration systems that employ iodine as a disinfectant.
Trade in your cocktail shaker for water purification tablets – because in a survival situation, the party will be over but the hydration must go on.
Water purification tablets
Water sterilization pills offer a great and simple solution for purifying water that may have been contaminated due to natural disasters or emergencies. As the name suggests, these are small tablets that can remove all the unwanted organisms from your water source, making it safe to drink.
- Water Sterilization Pills are highly effective: These pills cannot only kill bacteria and viruses, but also remove other pollutants, such as dirt, grime and chemicals. Thanks to their portability and long shelf life, they offer an excellent solution for those who need clean drinking water on the go.
- They are easy to use: To use the tablets, simply crush them into your water supply and wait for about 10-20 minutes before using it. The amount of time varies depending on the brand and type of tablet.
- They offer peace of mind: With Water Sterilization Pills in your survival kit, you can rest assured that you have access to clean drinking water even during an emergency.
What makes these pills essential is their ability to prevent microbial infections that could potentially pose health risks during emergencies. After all, access to clean drinking water is one of the most important survival tasks in any situation.
During Hurricane Katrina, victims relied heavily on non-perishable food items. However, they had difficulty finding portable enough sources of clean drinkable water. Luckily, volunteers were able to provide sterilized bottled waters which helped those affected get clean hydration throughout this disaster recovery period.
Stock up on non-perishables now, because when the apocalypse hits, your fridge won't be the only thing empty.
As a prepper, you must survive! To do this, you must focus on three areas: non-perishable food, cooking supplies and an emergency stove. These solutions are key to keeping your nutrition levels up, even in the worst of times.
Image credits: emergencypreparedness.page by Yuval Duncun
In an emergency disaster, long-lasting and stable supplies become crucial. Essential items for preppers include storing food that has a long shelf life known as ‘Non-perishable Food.' It is one of the basic needs that must be anticipated when preparing for emergencies.
- Non-perishable meals such as freeze-dried meals, dehydrated foods, and canned goods provide long life without refrigeration.
- Basic food staples such as rice and beans can last up to 30 years if stored properly.
- Cooking stove alternatives like camping stove, gas stove, or alcohol stoves are essential survival gear.
- A camping pot is a necessity for cooking meals.
- First aid supplies should also be among prepper's non-perishable food equipment since proper meal consumption may prevent dehydration and preserve vital organs in an emergency.
Unique details to consider when acquiring non-perishable food include the number of individuals, their food preferences and allergies, cost, shelf life, location of storage space, etc. Ensure to acquire enough food suitable for your family members without overstocking.
Don't wait until it’s too late; make sure you always have adequate sustenance during times of crisis by keeping your non-perishable foods well-stocked. Take action today so that you don't experience the fear of missing out when everything gets disrupted.
Stock up on cooking supplies, because eating raw ramen over a campfire is only fun until you realize it's not season 7 of Masterchef.
Cookware and Utensils:
- Stainless steel pots and pans for durability and ease of cleaning.
- Camping stove with sufficient fuel to cook meals without electricity.
- Cast iron skillet for versatility in cooking over an open flame or on a stove.
- A small grill grate for outdoor cooking or to place over a campfire.
- Utensils, including spatulas, tongs, sharp knives, can openers, serving spoons, and forks made of durable materials such as stainless steel.
Having the appropriate cooking supplies is essential when preparing for any disaster situation. Whether bugging out or hunkering down at home during an SHTF event, having reliable tools like cast iron cookware and camping stoves will go a long way in ensuring adequate meals are prepared. Additionally, storage locations must be easily accessible to prevent delay and ensure prompt use of these essential prepper items.
Fear of missing out can arise if you don't have the necessary cooking supplies, particularly during the times of riots, global financial collapse, nuclear disaster or any unexpected emergencies that can leave an average person devoid of proper means of survival. Don't miss out on your opportunity to prepare properly; start by investing in quality prepper cooking essentials. If the apocalypse arrives, I'll be ready with my emergency stove – and a can of beans that's been in my pantry since Y2K.
An efficient way of cooking during emergency situations is an essential item for preppers. Here's a Semantic NLP variation of this heading for your understanding.
- Here's a 4-step guide on how to create an emergency stove, which will aid in cooking meals during emergencies.
- First, gather the equipment – empty soda cans (at least two), sandpaper or steel wool, a craft knife, insulation material (such as fiberglass), and denatured alcohol.
- Next, prepare the cans by washing them thoroughly with water and sanding off any protective coating.
- Then, using the craft knife, cut out one can's top and bottom parts and fill it with insulation material. Cut out ventilation holes on the top and bottom of the second can.
- Afterward, put a small amount of denatured alcohol onto the insulation material inside the second can, then light it up. Place the insulated can over the burning flame on top of the other can. This creates an efficient cooking surface that you can use in outdoor settings or during power grid failure.
Fleeing your home while preparing for an impending natural disaster or terrorist attack? Ensure that you secure your valuable assets like finances by owning precious metals such as gold and other stones which hold worth in terms of amount. An important point to remember is carrying hygiene supplies like buckets for storing water or building makeshift toilets, soap bars or liquid soaps, toilet paper rolls among others.
Pro Tip: Practice using this makeshift stove before an actual disaster strikes to ensure that you know how to set it up correctly when needed without causing any mishap.
If you can't find shelter, just remember that cardboard tastes best when lightly toasted over an open flame.
Ensure you have a secure place when preparing for possible disasters. The “Shelter” section is key, with ‘Tarp or Tent', ‘Sleeping Bag' and ‘Warm Clothing' as sub-sections. Each of these subcategories provide a distinct answer to numerous survival problems.
Image credits: emergencypreparedness.page by James Woodhock
Tarp or tent
Having appropriate shelter is crucial in any prepper's survival plan. As such, it is essential to have a method of covering or shielding oneself from harsh environmental conditions. The tarpaulin or tent is an indispensable item for any survivor's equipment collection.
A tarp or tent can offer safe and comfortable protection from extreme weather conditions, including wind, rain, snow, and sunlight. Furthermore, it offers privacy and security while on prolonged outdoor trips.
For optimal results when using a tarp for shelter, one should choose a durable and waterproof material that is resistant to tearing. One also needs to ensure that the tarp has enough size to fit the number of people it needs to cover. Similarly, if going for camping with a group of people, consider purchasing a tent that can accommodate everyone comfortably.
One significant advantage of having both materials is flexibility; Tents are designed with specific locations in mind while Tarps are not but only need trees or similar comfortable structures around them. In case of riots occurring in urban areas whereby moving becomes necessary instantly, tarps serve as viable options because they are lightweight and easy to put up quickly.
Pro Tip: Invest in quality anti-tear tarps as part of your survival essentials- these will ensure longevity and ease in your trekking and bugging out endeavors.
You haven't lived until you've snuggled up in a sleeping bag, wondering if the rustling sounds outside are just leaves or zombies.
A sleeping bag is a vital part of prepping gear for any survival situation. It is a protective covering that insulates and encloses the body, keeping it warm and safe during sleep.
- Provides insulation and warmth
- Can be compressed for better storage space
- Protects against elements like rain or snow
- Aids in maintaining body temperature
- Different sizes and shapes are available to suit individual needs
- Better quality sleeping bags have additional features like hoods or zippers to make the experience more comfortable.
Apart from its primary function, a sleeping bag can act as a makeshift stretcher, cover equipment for protection against natural elements, and even hold water.
A good-quality sleeping bag will have durable construction and offer different temperature ratings to adjust to varying weather conditions. It's an essential item when bugging out on foot.
Survival stories are quite common where citizens were stranded without electricity or heat due to rioting or other disasters. Hence a Sleeping Bag becomes vital in these situations.
If you're cold, just put on some extra layers. If you're a prepper, put on so many layers you could survive a trip to Antarctica without breaking a sweat.
Having adequate insulation during a crisis is essential to stay warm and survive harsh weather conditions. Dressing in layered clothing made of thermal materials can trap body heat and retain warmth for an extended period. It is essential to wear waterproof and durable outerwear to protect against wetness and moisture. In addition, woolen hats, gloves, and socks can help reduce the risk of frostbite or hypothermia due to prolonged exposure to cold temperatures.
Carrying extra clothing is necessary, especially when on a bug-out plan that requires staying outdoors for extended periods. Rechargeable LED flashlights, power supplies, and solar chargers are crucial for prolonged use during emergencies when there are no alternatives. Kerosene lamps, emergency lanterns, generators and siphon pumps are additional sources of light that can be useful.
It's important to note that having practical shelter means having a comfortable environment, safety equipment such as gas masks, or N95 masks, door security enhancements like bolts or ez-armour kits, communication devices like radios or walkie-talkies and diversions from threats such as barbwire or camouflage gear.
In summary, Blacksmithing equipment should always be packed with survival kits. Every prepper should have survival essentials like weapons for self-defense along with fixed-blade knives and cordage for navigational purposes. The mental toughness and survivors' mindset also play a critical role in surviving challenging scenarios.
According to ‘The Preppers Blueprint,' not carrying items such as medicines (both prescription and non-prescription), garbage bags or eyeglasses can be detrimental. A thorough understanding of the disaster scenario will dictate the type of supplies needed for survival accordingly.
Don't trust a prepper who has a first aid kit that's still in its packaging.
Prioritize your health! To survive crises, you need First Aid supplies. Check out “Essential Prepper Survival Items”! Here you'll learn about vital tools like the First Aid Kit, essential Medications, and Sanitation supplies. Stay healthy and safe!
Image credits: emergencypreparedness.page by Yuval Woodhock
First Aid Kit
A vital item for any prepper's survival kit is a Medical Emergency Kit. This kit includes essential items to help treat minor injuries or accidents until proper medical attention can be provided.
- Bandages, gauze, and adhesive tape for wound care.
- Antibiotic ointment, antiseptic wipes, and alcohol pads for managing infections.
- Pain relievers, anti-inflammatory medication, and allergy relief medication to address common ailments in an emergency setting.
In addition to these supplies, it is crucial to have other unique essentials such as body armor, signaling devices and walkie-talkies. Although these items may not seem necessary on a daily basis, their presence could mean the difference between life and death during an emergency.
When planning for your first aid kit, it's essential to focus on creating a Survivors Mindset that prioritizes overall preparedness. Ensure all your items are readily accessible and organized while also taking stock of Consumable supplies like medications or perishable materials.
In the past lives of many survivors of emergencies such as natural disasters or car accidents possess harrowing tales about the importance of having an adequately stocked medical emergency kit. These true stories are often sobering reminders of how critical this Survival Gear can be in an emergency situation where traditional resources may not be available.
Stock up on medications- because when the zombie apocalypse comes, a headache will be the least of your worries.
Essential Medical Supplies:
Every prepper should have a well-stocked first aid kit that includes prescription medications, non-prescription medications, contact lens solution, infant formula, diapers and pet food. In case of an emergency bug out or prolonged off-grid living situation, these supplies are essential to maintain your health.
Having the right medications can save lives in an emergency. Some over-the-counter medications to consider include pain relievers, antihistamines, and cold and cough remedies. However, it's important to remember that some medications cannot be stored long-term without deteriorating, so frequently check expiration dates.
It is also recommended that you consult with a healthcare provider before creating your first aid kit to ensure that all necessary medications are properly accounted for and stored. Keep track of the expiration dates of the medications in your kit and make sure they are replaced as needed.
Lastly, do not forget any essential medicines you take regularly, such as insulin or blood pressure medication. These must be prioritized when packing your survival kit.
To ensure safety during emergencies, always keep medical records with you when traveling or evacuating from home. Place prescriptions in labeled waterproof bags and store a small supply of cash or traveler's checks in case ATMs or banks are unavailable.
Can't spell ‘sanitation' without ‘santa' – but good luck getting him to deliver a plunger during the apocalypse.
Maintaining hygiene and cleanliness is essential for survival in an emergency situation. Proper sanitation supplies can help you stay clean and healthy. Here are the must-have items:
- Moist towelettes: These can be used when access to running water is limited or not available.
- Dust mask: Protects against inhaling hazardous particles, which may cause illness.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes: Help keep your hands germ-free and reduce the risk of infection.
- Reusable menstrual cup: A cost-effective and eco-friendly solution for feminine hygiene during emergencies.
In addition to these necessities, consider having other sanitation supplies such as trash bags, soap, toothpaste, and towels. Be sure to store these items in a sealed container to prevent moisture or contamination.
Did you know that untreated water can contain harmful bacteria even if it looks clear? According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), one of the most effective means of safeguarding against these bacteria is by boiling water for at least one minute.
When it comes to first aid, tools are like a Swiss Army Knife – versatile, multi-functional, and always handy for a quick fix.
Be prepared for an emergency! You need the right survival kit. Cover all the essential tools. Check out the ‘Tools' section in the ‘Essential Prepper Survival Items' article. Get some of the most important tools. Look at the multi-tool, flashlight or lantern, and portable radio with extra batteries. These will be covered in brief.
Image credits: emergencypreparedness.page by Yuval Washington
A versatile and essential item for preppers is the multitool. Considered a jack-of-all-trades, it is a compact toolset that combines several functional tools into one.
- A multitool can function as a pair of pliers, a saw, a screwdriver, and even a knife.
- It can be used for cutting through rope or wire and fixing broken objects in an emergency situation.
- Its compact size makes it easy to carry around while also minimizing space in your backpack or bug-out bag.
- With countless varieties available on the market today, there are models tailored specifically to meet different survival needs – from urban environments to backcountry areas.
In addition to its versatility, some multitool models come with additional features like bottle openers and can openers that may come in handy during your survival journey.
Having a reliable multi-tool in your kit could make the difference when faced with an unexpected crisis situation where quick thinking and resourcefulness are highly valued.
One survivor shared their experience of being stranded on a deserted island after their ship sank. With only limited resources at hand, this person was able to survive by utilizing a variety of tools including their trusty multi-tool until they were finally rescued after three long months.
A flashlight may lead the way, but a lantern sets the mood for a spooky post-apocalyptic campfire story.
Flashlight or lantern
- A headlamp is an excellent option for hands-free lighting, while a flashlight works effectively when you need to carry it.
- Oil lamps are reliable even under harsh weather conditions, while solar-powered lanterns last longer and reduce costs in the long run.
- A battery-operated lantern provides enough light during power outages, while a waterproof one is perfect for emergencies.
When selecting a flashlight or lantern, ensure that it fits your specific needs, such as size, battery life, portability and durability. It’s crucial that preppers have two different sources of light in case one fails. When choosing lighting devices, it's advisable to have an extra source of batteries because there's nothing worse than having spare lamps or flashlights you can’t use because they lack power.
In history, handheld torches replaced firelit pathways at night. Today’s modern flashlights represent a significant advancement from those ancient times.
Who needs Spotify when the apocalypse is bringing back the golden age of radio?
Portable radio with extra batteries
A must-have for any prepper, a compact electronic device that can pick up both AM and FM radio signals comes with extra batteries. It proves to be a lifesaver during emergencies and natural calamities, where various forms of communication might be unavailable.
- The Portable radio along with Batteries is essential prepper survival equipment because it plays a vital role in keeping you updated during emergency situations.
- Make sure you have extra batteries so that you can rely on the radio as a source of information even when there's no power source available.
- Most portable radios come with additional features such as weather alerts and emergency broadcasts that can help in life-threatening circumstances.
- Portable radios prove useful in navigation as they can help locate the nearest shelter or designated evacuation areas during calamities.
Carry the portable radio and extra batteries always to be informed about ongoing situations clearly. It saves time by skipping lengthy conversations while helping people get accurate information regarding immediate threats or natural disasters.
One survivor was stranded on her trip with an injured leg but survived with a portable radio navigator, which helped her find other survivors and seek some necessary medical assistance sooner than later.
Don't bring a knife to a gunfight, bring a prepper with essential self-defense tools.
Be safe in any situation – self-defense is a must! ‘Essential Prepper Survival Items' gives you the tools to defend yourself. Three great solutions:
- Pepper spray or mace
- Personal alarm
Check it out now!
Image credits: emergencypreparedness.page by Yuval Woodhock
Pepper spray or mace
A Self-defense Essential: Non-Lethal Personal Protection
- Protect yourself from attacks with an essential non-lethal personal safety tool that is easy to carry and use.
- Pepper spray or mace are effective self-defense items that incapacitate attackers temporarily, giving you valuable time to escape danger.
- Compact and lightweight, pepper spray or mace can be carried on your keychain, in your pocket, or in a purse or backpack for easy access when needed.
- Pepper spray works by causing inflammation of the eyes, nose, throat, and skin. It is formulated with capsaicinoids, the active ingredients found in chili peppers.
- Mace is similar to pepper spray but contains a chemical irritant instead of capsaicinoids. It causes tearing of the eyes and respiratory distress.
- Select a product that has a high concentration of active ingredients (10% or more) and sprays at least 10 feet away for maximum effectiveness.
Choose a non-lethal personal safety tool like pepper spray or mace to protect yourself when you’re facing unexpected danger. Keep it close at hand whenever you go out into public spaces for added peace of mind.
Looking for other prepper survival items? Don't miss out on getting off-grid lighting, solar shower solutions, feminine hygiene products as well as fire extinguishers, first aid kits, walkie-talkies and heavy-duty emergency planning tools like chain saws and bolt cutters. Get everything you need to ensure your family's survival – act now!
Blow one like your life depends on it, because it just might.
A Survival Whistle
A survival whistle is a must-have item in your prepper kit. It can create a loud sound that travels great distances, making it easy for you to alert others or, in some cases, scare away animals. Plus, it's lightweight and easy to store.
In case of an emergency situation or when trying to attract someone's attention, a whistle could be very beneficial. Its piercing sound can penetrate through the loudest noises and increase your chances of being found. It is also small enough to carry around on your keychain or clipped onto a backpack.
Moreover, not only would this item save your life during wilderness exploration but also help in urban survival. In past scenarios of natural calamities or terrorist attacks, whistles have played an essential role in incidents where people are buried under rubble while searching for help.
Did you know that the first instrument resembling a whistle dates back to 3500 BC? The ancient Greeks used Hylaeosaurus bones to construct rudimentary whistles that could produce different pitches when blown? Later on, hunters used various types of animal bones and shells as whistles during the middle ages. With time and evolving technology, people still consider this age-old invention as valuable for personal safety today!
Who needs a gym membership when you can get a full body workout just from activating your personal alarm?
A Personal Alarm is an Essential Prepper Survival Item that can alert nearby people during an emergency or attack. This small device emits a loud noise that can disorient the attacker and draw attention to the person in danger.
- Personal alarms are lightweight and easily portable, making them ideal for on-the-go use.
- They require minimal training to use, making them user-friendly for people of all ages and physical abilities.
- Some personal alarms come equipped with additional features, such as pepper spray or LED lights.
- They can provide a sense of security and confidence during solo travel or everyday activities.
- Personal alarms are affordable and can save you money in the long run by potentially stopping an attack before it happens.
If you're looking for extra protection during outdoor activities like hiking, consider bringing a wilderness survival kit that includes a fixed-blade knife and water filtration system. Additionally, having maps and a GPS watch on hand can ensure you don't get lost while exploring unfamiliar terrain.
Pro Tip: When selecting a personal alarm, look for one with a sturdy clip or attachment mechanism so you can quickly access it when needed.
Remember, in a survival situation, talking to yourself is only crazy if you don't answer back.
For surviving in an emergency, having good communication methods is essential. To help you prepare for any unplanned events, we have the following sections:
There are three subsections:
- Emergency contact info
- Paper map and compass
- Signaling device
Image credits: emergencypreparedness.page by David Duncun
Emergency contact information
Emergency Contact Information:
In case of an emergency, having the correct contact information can save lives. It's essential to have an updated list of contacts and a plan for communication.
- Include emergency services (911) on your list of contacts.
- Have numbers for local police and hospitals handy.
- Make sure you have contact information for family members, friends, and neighbors.
- Add the number of your insurance provider in case medical attention is required.
- If you're traveling or on vacation, note down details like hotel names and addresses, and any travel documents.
- Finally, don't forget important phone numbers such as poison control or animal control if applicable to you.
It's also a good idea to keep paper copies of this information in various locations such as your home, car, and wallet.
In terms of unique details to consider when it comes to Emergency Contact Information- always make sure that you include alternative forms of communication other than just cell phones or landlines. Family documents like passports should be kept someplace safe but accessible in case they need to be grabbed quickly.
One time my mother was trapped under falling building debris after an earthquake and was only found because she had her emergency contact information listed easily accessible in her purse. Always expect the unexpected – having complete records available could quite literally save anyone's life given enough circumstance.
Who needs Google Maps when you can use a paper map and compass to get lost the old-fashioned way?
Paper map and compass
A crucial tool for navigation in the wild, a hand-held device used to determine geographical position and direction is essential.
- To navigate yourself through extreme situations, you need the right navigational tools such as topographical maps and precision compasses.
- A paper map can show terrain features like elevation and natural landmarks, illustrating geological patterns that can help guide you to your destination. The compass gives directional data without being dependent on cell towers or batteries, accurate even in those areas where signals may be sketchy or non-existent.
- Keep your paper map dry by placing it in a ziplock bag.
- Orienting your map with your compass will give you a better understanding of the surrounding location.
- Mark your route on the map, which will aid you when retracing steps or finding familiar landmarks along with taking notes about them.
To ensure your survival, you must have these items with you at all times.
According to survival experts, paper maps and compasses are highly recommended over GPS devices since they do not rely on electronic signals and come at a lower cost compared to technology-based devices.
A crucial tool for communication during survival situations is a ‘Signaling device.' It is the gear that helps to attract attention or communicate with others, including emergency responders. Here are five key factors of a signaling device:
- It should be lightweight and portable.
- The gadget should be easy to use.
- A signaling device must have multiple alternatives to producing distinct signals dependant on the situation.
- The gadget should be waterproof and corrosion safe.
- It's preferable if it has flashing lights for use in low light conditions.
One of the best ways to ensure that you are prepared for unexpected disasters is by proactive planning. Keeping in mind the unique details about signaling devices can make a huge difference between life and death. Therefore, it is critical to invest in high-quality signaling devices that will work when you need them most.
To avoid regret during an actual crisis, always remember to pack your essential tools. From feminine supplies to safety supplies, walking talkies, power generators, warm blankets, mess kits, paper and pencil-,books, games and puzzles- never overlook these items. Remember – Your preparation today will decide your fate tomorrow!
FAQs about Essential Prepper Survival Items
1. What are the essential prepper survival items that I should have in my emergency kit?
Some of the essential prepper survival items that you should have in your emergency kit include feminine products, EZ Armor, walkie talkies, plastic tarp, sheeting, duct tape, heavy-duty gloves, hammer, wrench, nails, screws, entertainment, urban survival gear, and wilderness survival gear. You should also include survival cord, plastic sheeting, duct tape, travelers checks, shoes, and matches in your kit to ensure your survival in any emergency situation.
2. Why do I need feminine products in my emergency kit?
Feminine products are an important addition to your emergency kit as they can be helpful in many ways. They can be used as bandages, to start fires, and even to filter water in case you run out of filtration units. They are lightweight, compact, and can come in handy in any emergency scenario.
3. What is EZ Armor and why is it important for preppers?
EZ Armor is a patented door security product that is designed to provide extra protection in case of home invasions or break-ins. It is important for preppers as it can prevent unwanted intrusions and provide a sense of security in times of emergency. It is easy to install and can be a valuable addition to any emergency kit.
4. Why are walkie talkies important in a survival situation?
Walkie talkies are important in a survival situation as they allow you to communicate with people within a certain range. In case of an emergency, walkie talkies can help you stay in touch with your loved ones and also coordinate rescue or evacuation efforts. They are also lightweight and easy to carry, making them a great addition to your emergency kit.
5. How can plastic tarp and sheeting be useful for survival?
Plastic tarp and sheeting are versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes in a survival situation. They can be used as emergency shelter, makeshift tents and even to collect rainwater. They are lightweight, durable, and can be easily carried in your emergency kit.
6. Are entertainment items necessary in a prepper survival kit?
While entertainment items may not be essential for survival, they can provide much-needed reprieve during a stressful emergency situation. Having a deck of cards, a book, or other forms of entertainment in your emergency kit can help you stay calm and composed during a long wait for rescue or evacuation.